View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 03:03 AM
GreekChat Member

I would send a private message to a GCer whose opinion you trust so you can be specific about where you are. I'm not aware of anywhere that doesn't allow rerushing, but there are some where your chances are definitely diminished. But based on what you said, here's what I'm hearing... You went through rush in a small Greek system who suddenly had WAY more girls go through than normal. You didn't know anyone and didn't do well in the process, and got cut completely. Once school started you got involved and made friends. You wanted to go through informal rush but only a few chapters were participating and you were only invited to 1, but subsequently wasn't invited to join. Now, with the end of the year approaching, you're wondering if that ship has sailed. Do I have that about right?

If I do, then absolutely go through again. Tell your Greek friends you're doing it so they can be on the lookout for you. Don't ask them about your chances and don't believe any promises or insinuations they may give. They don't speak for the chapter and their good intentions can really get your hopes up. Then, work on your conversation skills and read a bunch of rush threads to get prepared in other ways.