View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by tngirl01 View Post
I am planning on participating in formal recruitment at the UW-Seattle this fall. I'm from Tennessee, and I'm looking forward to joining a sorority for many reasons, but especially for a home away from home. My one worry is recruitment. The more I read about recruitment, the more problems with my situation I see. Recruitment at UW is 2 weeks (I think...) before school starts, and at the end of the week, you move right into your chapter house. Here are a few of my concerns, and anything you could say to ease my anxiety would be appreciated.
1. Would it be smarter to wait and buy my sheets, storage, etc. when I get up to Washington since I don't know how much space I'll have, living arrangements, etc? I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not.
2. If I'm not rushed, I will have to live in temporary housing the first semester. I'm afraid this could altar my college experience. What do you think of this?
3. Unlike the majority of the girls rushing at UW (I would assume), I don't live anywhere near within driving distance of the campus obviously. Since I'll be living out of a suitcase, or whatever I can dig out of boxes in the trunk of my car, will I be at a disadvantage? I looked at the recruitment week dress code, so I will be able to plan out outfits, but I'm worried there will be some sort of dress code I'm unprepared for.
Any other experiences you or your sisters have had living in a sorority house far from home would be appreciated SO MUCH! Thank you!
Give the FAQ on that site a thorough read. Some of your questions are answered there.