View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 02:18 PM

My chapter often invited guys over to our house just to hang out. That way they got to know us as a group in a more relaxed situation.

All those events that get held during rush? Do them in smaller groups during the semester and invite a few guys.
-"Hey, I'm going to Buffalo Wild Wings on Thursday with a couple of my fraternity brothers. Want to come?"
-"Tom. Several guys from my chapter are going to go play broom hockey. We always need extra guys. Come with us."
^^For these types, offer to pick the guy/s up. It can be very intimidating walking into a group of friends/chapter brothers. It can be easier to walk in with someone who's already a brother.

It doesn't even have to be a huge event. Going to Wendy's? Get 2 chapter brothers and 1 or 2 rushees. Invite them over to watch football or basketball games. Just think of all the ways that you and your chapter brothers hang out. Can you include a couple/few rushees? Usually.

When I was an undergrad, we did all of these things. We didn't even think about it. Unless it was specified "Brothers Only", we always had a couple of guys around to get to know. The result was that we had several guys who said: "I never planned on joining a fraternity, until I met you guys."

When have you gotten to know your own chapter brothers? At a big, formal dance when the music's super loud, Tom's throwing up in the bushes outside, Joey and his date are screaming at each other? Or, when you, Tom, and Joey are sitting at a table, playing poker and just chatting? Which one is the better recruitment tool?

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)

Last edited by LaneSig; 11-02-2011 at 02:22 PM. Reason: grammar