View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Currently ( that is, for the first several days in January 2010, give or take), a Sigma Iota Chi badge happens to be pictured in an eBay auction:

Item number: 290387094838

Yes, I am not the seller, nor am I associated with the seller. Just posting for information 'cause I'm dedicated to the spread of knowledge among GCers.
Umm-hmm.
Happy new year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlurker View Post
There was (maybe still is ?? ) a small national sorority "Sigma Iota CHi." Founded in Louisiana in 1903, it was mainly in private junior colleges for women -- schools not recognized by NPC or by the Ass'n of Education Sororities. It was never particularly large. Some of the schools where it was located banned sororities, or eventually became 4 year schools, or went out of existence.

I know SIX existed into at least the early 1960s, and possibly longer than that.

Every so often an SIX badge shows up on eBay, just as pins from NPC, NPHC and NIC groups do.

I don't know whether SIX ever had a chapter at Widener or at one of the schools that joined together to form what is now Widener.

Some of the older editions of Baird's Manual have short mentions of SIX.

All this isn't a lot of help, but it is a lead to a possibility that your aunt's sorority was part of that national sorority, or possibly a "local' that had been part of national SIX at one time -- just guessing, could be wrong.

Good luck.