View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

DAY 2

There’s no lie when I say I was really nervous going into Day 2. I was new to the school so I had no idea how competitive it was or how I compared to everyone else there. I was already preparing myself for what I was going to feel if I only got one or two chapters back. Nevertheless, I went in confidently to receive my schedule and it listed:

Inside Out
Monsters Inc
The Good Dinosaur
The Incredibles
Cars
Toy Story
WALL-E

A full schedule?! I have literally never been more on top of the world!! I was so incredibly blessed to have gotten a second chance at some houses and confirmation from others that they liked me enough to see me again. I didn’t have strong opinions yet, but I hoped that after today, I would have a better idea of which houses could be my forever home.

I was really excited for Inside Out to be my first chapter of the day. I was matched again with the girl I connected so well with the day before, but I only talked to her for the entire round. We did have another good conversation, but I was really looking forward to meeting other girls from the house. I didn’t connect too much with their philanthropy, but they were still my favorite house from yesterday, so I would have to see how the rest of the day went before deciding where they would go in my lineup.

Next on my list was Monsters Inc. The girls I talked to here were so genuinely sweet and I loved their philanthropy. I asked about their hands-on activities they did for their philo, and they didn’t have much, which was a bit of a let down, but the conversations went well nonetheless. I came out of this house happy, but not sure if I could see myself really fitting in here.

Next was The Good Dinosaur. I was so happy to be invited back here. The conversations in this house were amazing today, and I was surprised by them once again. The convos exemplified everything I was looking for in a house and I was surprised at how much I felt like I related to them and their philanthropy.

After that was The Incredibles. I had so much in common with the first girl here and we talked a lot about family, which is super important to me. The two girls I talked to after I didn’t connect with as much, but I felt so strong about my conversation with the first girl and I was happy I had this house as a potential opportunity. I didn't feel a strong connection with their philanthropy, but I got such a comfortable vibe being in this house.

Next was Cars. I was surprised to be invited back here too, as I heard a lot of girls who loved this house got released by them. I was definitely grateful for my invite. Again, I had a ton in common with the first girl I talked to, and the conversation flowed so well. She even said I gave her chills talking about my passion for one of the clubs I’m involved in! I adored their philanthropy and felt a really strong connection to it. However, I was kind of torn about this house because I had great conversations here both days, but I wasn’t sure if I would fit in here or if I was exactly who they were looking for.

My second to last house of the day was Toy Story. I went into this house not exactly knowing what to expect, but I was so surprised here. I felt instantly comfortable in their environment and I loved talking with the first girl about leadership, which was very important to me. The next two girls I talked to were so open and kind and genuinely wanted to know more about me, which was really cool. I left wishing the round were a lot longer so I could have kept talking to them.

Last up was WALL-E. I was shocked I got this house back but so thankful I got another chance to show who I was. The first girl I talked to had the same major as me, which was really special because it’s a fairly uncommon major. She was really bubbly and our conversation flowed really well between us. She introduced me to other girls in her house and kept saying how sweet I was, which was really flattering. (It’s always nice to get some positive compliments, right?) I could tell they were all really comfortable with each other here, which was really important to me. I came out really liking this house and felt like I didn’t have to impress them as much I did with them the day before. (But I was beginning to see why so many PNMs liked this house so much!)

At the end of the day, I had a LOT of trouble ranking my bottom two, but I finally came to a decision:

1. Toy Story
1. WALL-E
1. Cars
1. The Incredibles
1. The Good Dinosaur
6. Inside Out
7. Monsters Inc

Any guesses? Or am I making it too obvious which one came out on top?