View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for all the replies. I too am sorry for what you lost or had taken from you. I get it, and it's comforting that others can understand it's not "just a pin".

I wanted to wear the second badge I got online as a pendant around my neck (like Titchou does - her stolen badge sounded gorgeous!) and wear my original badge on clothing as usual.

The police didn't give me any specific suggestions on how to find it, but they DID tell me if I saw it online or in a pawn shop to notify them right away and to NOT tell the person selling it. They said items tend to mysteriously disappear if the seller finds out they might be stolen, before the police can get involved. They also mentioned the person selling it isn't necessarily the person who stole it. It could be a friend with online access, etc.

I totally agree with thetalady that it's really just a symbol. In fact, I think Tri Delta's founder has a quote about it being a symbol. It's not the most important thing about my membership, but I still feel naked without it.