View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarca7 View Post
So we never got to the point of this thread...should an organization that no longer promotes themselves as latino or latina be allowed to stay in NALFO.

Also, what about the orgs that left? I doubt they will be allowed into NMGC so is a new council the best fit for organizations who were founded as Latino or Latina but now consider themselves multiculturals?
Just some thoughts people...

P.S. this is stupid but what would you call the council? slow work day...
I think the fraternities that left have been (and will be) fine, as a couple can (and did) seek membership in NIC. I'm interested in seeing what happens to the sororities, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
The mission of the NPHC in 1930 was:

"Unanimity of thought and action as far as possible in the conduct of Greek letter collegiate fraternities and sororities, and to consider problems of mutual interest to its member organizations.”

It doesn't say anything about being black. This is why I have said in the past that I predict the next NPHC member will be a multicultural sorority.

ETA: I think it is in the best interest of NALFO to be broad enough to include whatever organizations it wants, while traditionally having the capacity to be of use to LGLOs the most.
Interesting stuff. Thanks.