View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOleMiss View Post
yes I've seen it, and yes its beyond tacky- but good Lord seriously don't get me started on what ISN'T tacky on FB these days... everything from begging for money for honeymoons and weddings to personal fundraising for medical expenses... people honestly have ZERO SHAME any more!!!
I had a "friend" who randomly posted in numerous Facebook statuses that he was fundraising for a service trip overseas.. to Africa, I believe. I thought he was part of some church group or social club that was trying to plan a big trip together. I was expecting a cookie order sheet or something to be posted that would assist him in raising funds. But oh no... this guy just wanted his friends to send him money which he would supposedly save and spend to go to Africa by himself. Uh.. seriously?!

Surprisingly, no one ever liked or responded to his posts..

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
I attended an Italian wedding where the bride carried a string purse at the reception and men put cash in the bag to dance with the bride. I had never seen this done before and I was sort of

TonyB06, is this what you were referring to?
Don't even get me started on dollar dances, and the like. Ugh. They're extremely annoying and tacky, they're a disruption in the middle of the reception, and they're not even really worth it. I've gone on rants about this on GC before, so I'll stop here.

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 08-30-2013 at 01:32 PM.