View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

So sorry ZetaWJC! Recruitment week is stressful, for moms and daughters alike! Your reaction is an honest one - and one I think every single mom can relate to! But I am so happy that you are able to be levelheaded about your daughter's AOPi bid. She is thrilled, and that is what you want! I cannot tell you how many unhappy, bitter, unable to be happy for their daughter, mommas I run into!

Rush is a fickle animal that no one can really ever tame. There are a million scenarios that could have occurred - MS occurs under great emotional and physical pressure. Girls are tired, stressed, emotional and, whether we like it or not, they can make irrational decisions (both the actives and the pnms). Naturally, I have no idea what occurred with your daughter. Over the years, I have seen a girl released for crazy reasons - because someone thought she might possibly pledge at Arkansas and transfer out of state, because the pnm was a former girlfriend of an active's current boyfriend, because someone assumed the pnm wanted to pledge another house, because the pnm looked uninterested during the party, etc. I give you those random examples because the reasons for release, more times than not, are so minor that you wouldn't believe it.

Congrats on your daughter's AOPi bid! She is going to love her years at Arkansas.