View Single Post
Old 05-29-2002, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kristiAZD
An important thing to remember when consulting movies about issues facing you in real life......movies are there to entertain and sell tickets. Sterotypes sell tickets. I personally loved the movie, and perhaps being a real-life sorority girl helped me appriciate it. But being fake is a stereotype of soroity girls, just like sorority girls are supposedly "sluts," "rich," and "dumb." I don't fit any of those, and I don't think there's a greek member on these boards who does. The ladies above all made excellent points. I had my picks down to two, and when I sat down and thought about it, I realized that the girls in the sorority I didn't end up joining were nice to me, but I didn't get the feeling they were just like me. I felt like they fed into that stereotype. But when I thought about Alpha Xi Delta, I realized how much those girls were like me and were really interested in what I had to say. We had things in common and it felt so natural to hang out with them. That's how I knew that's where I was supposed to be. You will know. Some chapters may act fake, but the one for you will be the one where you realize that you click with all of those girls. Good luck in your recruitment experience, I hope this helps!