Thread: SAI Random
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 03:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Dual Membership Question

Hello ladies

I'm new to GC as well as a newly initiated SAI at my university (just a few weeks ago!!) <3

I don't mean to hijack this thread since it is full of so much love and roses and happiness and such, but I was wondering if any of your collegiate chapters were/are members of your University's Panhel Association. Our president was approached recently by the Greek Life Office about our chapter becoming a member of our university Panhel Association as an associate member, but has not hashed the details out yet/committed to anything, etc.

I think joining Panhel as an associate member could be beneficial, but we have two concerns if we were to join Panhel:

1) Would our chapter of SAI have to conduct formal recruitment the same way NPC sororities do? (as you ladies know, it wouldn't make sense for SAI to conduct recruitment the same way as NPC sororities)

2) There are many members of our chapter that have dual membership in SAI and an NPC sorority. A couple of SAIs in my pledge class and I are also considering pursuing NPC dual membership next year as sophomores. Would becoming an associate member of Panhel exclude us from this opportunity, or force my sisters currently holding dual membership to relinquish one of their memberships? (This is the bigger concern of the two)

Any input from personal experiences, speculations, etc. are more than welcome Again, sorry for hijacking this thread!