View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl View Post
I'm rusty on my Bama history. Why was there one more chapter doing formal in 2006 than in 2005 or 2007?

Just speculating, but it may be that SDT was counted in the 2006 total -- for whatever reason, SDT's new members were listed in the press release that immediately followed formal recruitment, though as far as I know, SDT has not participated in formal recruitment in some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGirl View Post
For 2011: 78 released, 132 withdrew, and 141 did not receive bids.

Would the 141 have attended pref and signed their bid cards but didn't maximize their options? Those women didn't want to risk a bid to the "wrong" chapter even if it meant having a shot at being a quota addition.
That's certainly possible -- it seems as if the numbers of "did not receive bids" increase dramatically on the years when a colonizing sorority held recruitment immediately following formal recruitment.

It may be that more than the usual number of PNMs did not maximize their options at pref knowing that (and being interested in) an option available following formal recruitment.

The numbers seem to be updated for % of women pledged (who participated in formal recruitment), for the years a new sorority came on, but not retrospectively for the number "not receiving bids" in the same year (presumably this number would drop).