View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
I'm not planning to read through 55 pages, but doesn't IU use RFM so that more girls would get cut early rather than after Pref?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
RFM most likely was a complete cluster this year with a round of parties being eliminated. AND I STILL NEVER GOT AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION.
Yes, IU uses RFM. I am sure it was a cluster. But bed rush still screws up RFM to an extent. I am confident that RFM was not designed for bud rush, it was designed for quota/total. The only thing RFM really does is keeps strong recruiting chapters from over inviting to the early rounds, which happened like crazy prior to RFM.

Let's say there are 1600 PNMs. A SRC can invite 50% to the next round (12 party) which is 800. And let's say they are a highly sought after chapter and 750 accept bids. Then they are allowed to take 50% the next round (3 party) which is 375. Their quota is 40. So if 300 accept invitations, then 260 women are on their second and third bid lists, 260 who could potentially go bidless if they are on the second and third lists of the other two chapters on their pref invitation list.

If it were quota/total, their quota would be much higher. Possibly 60-70 depending on how many women were still eligible or a bid.

Last edited by IndianaSigKap; 01-25-2014 at 02:10 PM.