View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaorin_Kanoe View Post
See, that's a problem right there. Like how I'm on GC making a fool of myself, I'm doing it alone. I do this all for my sisters. A lot of times I feel as though if the chapter were to close then they wouldn't care. If I don't roll up my sleeves and strap on my boots then almost nothing gets done. In short, they're just...lazy. Trust me, I wear my letters all the time, go to Greek oriented activities to show support for others, participate in fundraisers and other meetings. Just this semester me and TosfadKBG were elected onto the Greek Council. I didn't do it for me. I did it because if I didn't then KBG would have missed the opportunity. Again I mean, you're right the attitude definitely has to change. I just can't bear the whole weight on my shoulders.
No one likes a martyr. I'm not yelling at you, just being truthful.

There's another girl on here trying to (in effect) change her chapter from being super laid back in rush to having them do the whole matching clothes/mani-pedi thing. It is the opinion of many who have read her thread that she is going to epic fail because she's going about it all wrong.

People join groups for all different reasons and it's possible that many of your sisters joined because the chapter was more laid back and didn't give a hoot about Greek Council or any of that stuff. If that is the case, when you make a big deal about doing things like that like you're saving the world, it's not going to go over well.