View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzdelta2007 View Post
To susan314, I was exaggerating numbers meaning we dont have plethora of extra independents that are the 'ideal' (whatever that means to you) sorority girl and i don't think that Nationals understood this.
Yes, I understood that from your original post. I should have been more clear in my response - I was trying to give a general idea of what the campus was like at BGSU, since there was an article demonstrating the recent successful reorg of the KD chapter there. (If people were trying to see, in general, whether a similar reorg could be successful on other campuses, I thought it would be helpful to understand what BG's campus is like.)

Additionally, I should have mentioned the strength of the Greek Affairs office at the university. (I alluded to it in my comment about Dr. Binder, but didn't elaborate on their graduate assistants and programs offered by the office.) I strongly suspect that part of the reason that the recent sorority reorg was successful is due to how supportive the Greek Affairs office is on campus. They do a wonderful job of providing resources and programming for chapters who might be having troubles (whether it be with recruitment, scholarship, or any other aspect of Greek life). In the short time that I have been involved with Greek life on BGSU's campus, I have been pleasantly surprised with the Greek Affairs office. Compared to what I've been a part of and/or heard about some other campuses, I have never witnessed a University office being so supportive of Greek life. (I'm sure that there are other universities like that out there, I just haven't seen them in action for myself.)