View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
I've always wanted to do Cape Cod, along with coastal Maine, and the rest of NE. I'll do them all in the same trip someday. My grandparents go up there every fall. My mom and her husband are actually going to Mackinac island next month. It'll be their first trip, they're really looking forward to it.
Oh, the Maine coast is beautiful. Friends of ours do a lobster dinner at the beginning of the season (his bday) in York. If you like seafood, you'll never find any fresher. The small strip of NH beaches isn't much to talk about, but the White Mountains are breathtaking in summer and adventure-filled in the winter. Northern MA (Gloucester, Marblehead) and the Cape (the whole length - every town his its own personality) are very pretty. Boston is a can't miss- you can easily spend several days there. Western MA (the Berkshires) are gorgeous in summer and fall. RI actually has a lot going for it (Newport, Providence) in terms of arts and culture. CT is very residental but there are some great places (Mystic, Groton/New London) for day trips.

Yes, the beaches in New England may be more rocky, but Barry Manilow got it right. It can get hot here (mid 90s in the summer), but near the water is cooler thanks to the sea breezes.