View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
So you think it's a good idea to advise this woman who is the president of her student body to conduct her own investigation by contacting alumnae at both her old undergrad NPC group and with her NPHC group to verify her story and that in doing so, she could safely protect her own identity and not appear to be some sort of stalker and also not have the fact that she is making inquiries leaked back to the Greek Life Adviser?

Someone who is "completely uninvolved" won't know what is going on and won't have any reason to make inquiries on the behalf of a stranger. This is not a good idea.
No. I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that she needs to make sure the story is actually correct before reporting it anonymously to the NPHC organization if that's what she ultimately decides to do.

As an NPC member, I have been asked on multiple occasions to check and see if someone is a member. It takes about three seconds online and it isn't a strange request, particularly at this time of year. Or like others in this thread mentioned, college yearbooks are online. A look through a few of those may also easily answer this question.