View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 01:47 PM
GreekChat Member

I think there's a gap between trying to set a guideline for chapter size so that one chapter doesn't have 400 while another has 50, and saying every chapter has to be at exactly 203. I can't imagine UF's panhel is saying any chapter has to take members; they're just doing their best to support any of the chapters who do want to achieve parity. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to see the benefits in maximizing your member opportunities and these chapters are undoubtedly enthusiastic about gaining new members.

I'm really torn by what they've done in having every chapter participate in the recruitment night when most aren't actually participating. Panhel love, stigma fighter, stigma causer, waste of time? I guess all that depends on the attitude of the chapter members who are standing in the room at the time. If Suzie Best Sorority members are standing there all being snarky about the pathetic PNMs going through this charade for that group of losers, then yeah, it needs to be dumped and quick. But if SBS is really being supportive of the process on behalf of the smaller chapters, then it's a process that should be emulated on other campuses. I'd like to see it in action since I've never heard of anything like this.

Any results from this process yet? Recruitment stories?