View Single Post
Old 08-09-2003, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Now that i've had a good night's sleep I can actually answer my own thread. I'm glad you all like the idea.

Alpha Chi Omega - i love the "fact of the day" on their website. I think it's neat that the group formed around a mutual love-music, but has grown so much.
Alpha Delta Pi - I like the way "prides" work.
Alpha Epsilon Phi - I like the pearl system. I think that accomplishing certain things and meeting goals on your way to becoming a sister is really important.
Alpha Gamma Delta - all the AGDs that i've ever met or talked to have been really sweet and great women.
Alpha Omicron Pi- whenever I was a newer member of the greek community, I would see their letters and think that the letters were KD related because they kind of spelled out "AOT". Hehe, i was sorta wrong. Their website is really pretty and classy.
Alpha Phi- their online community appears to be a really detailed, great resource for alumnae. It's always nice to see a group embrace technology when so many are semi-resistant to it.
Alpha Sigma Alpha- I like that it's open knowledge that one of ASA's meanings is "Aspire, Seek, Attain". Simple and powerful.
Alpha Sigma Tau - I like how they seem to have a lot of national awards surrounding academics- like recognizing members who receive a 4.0, and an award for academics for 1 person from each chapter.
Alpha Xi Delta - the pink rose is so pretty. Also, I thought it was kind of cool that there's a separate colony pin that they use instead of the normal new member pin when establishing a colony.
Chi Omega- I admire how strong and large they are, especially because they're not one of the oldest groups.
Delta Delta Delta- I love their colors. Their name-familiarity is awesome- everyone's heard of Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma - Anchor Splash is such a well known event!
Delta Phi Epsilon- their work with eating disorders is a really important philanthropy, especially for college students and also sorority women.
Delta Zeta - they have such a strong alumnae support system at our school, it's amazing. They've been around and been a strong chapter for a long time.
Gamma Phi Beta- they work with Camp Fire Girls much like KD works with Girl Scouts.
Kappa Alpha Theta- they have such accomplished alumnae. I wish they would come back to Pitt.
Kappa Delta- hehe, i'm sorta biased on this one. I love our new programming that's going to be coming out, and I love all of our philanthropies, especially Prevent Child Abuse America and Girl Scouts. But i'm especially proud of the tons of scholarship money we give out to our sisters. Our national organization as a whole seems to put together and stable.
Kappa Kappa Gamma - I LOVE their colors. They've always been a really strong and admired group on my campus.
Phi Mu- they have a lot of great membership education programming
Phi Sigma Sigma - their pin is much different that any other GLO that i've seen. Although whenthe eyes are jeweled the sphinx sorta scares me! The Vision program sounds great!
Pi Beta Phi - over 1200 members attended their convention this year! That's awesome!
Sigma Delta Tau- their chapter on my campus has always gotten along quite well with my chapter, despite how different we are. Which is good, because you don't want to hate the group that has the floor above you!
Sigma Kappa - i like the one star, two star, three star chapter recognition
Sigma Sigma Sigma - gotta have love for the Farmville 4. The doll collection is really neat!
Theta Phi Alpha - their national convention next year is at the Omni William Penn in Pittsburgh!!!!!!!!! see what you learn when you visit webpages!
Zeta Tau Alpha- i love the crown symbol. Even outside whatever it's official meaning is, having a 5 point symbol could be so useful in so many activities.

Whew, this took a little longer than i thought it would