View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Preference!

DD2 is able to get me a message that she was invited to her top two!!!
Softball and Volleyball! That’s all I got as she went off to her pref parties in an adorable simple dress that flattered her and heels with curled hair once again. My husband was laughing at me as I kept waiting for her to call while we enjoyed a quiet evening together. I know he was just as impatient being the Greek dad he is. He was an athlete himself and he knows how much she enjoyed trying out for these teams after having spent years coaching her to be a good teammate. She always worked hard on her own and we never pushed her. She’s just always wanted to be the best she could be and she’s hoping her new Greek teammates will push her in that direction.

After what seems like HOURS (it was only 4), DD2 called me. I could barely say hello when she said, “I can’t choose, I can’t choose, I don’t know what to do! I loved them both so much!” The songs and the lovely traditions were amazing. “I felt so at home in both houses!”

She was preffed by lovely women at both houses and was seriously confused as to who to rank first. She loved the wonderful women at Softball where she felt like they were all so different that there would be a place for her. She knew there were great friends waiting to be made on the Softball field that would work hard together and win games. DD2 does like to win. She would really love to be sisters with her current friends and that is pulling at her. Plus they sang a song that had special meaning for her. What if she chooses Volleyball and bids there? Will her Softball friends remain friends? She is pretty sure they will, but hates to think of letting them down. Ugh!

On the other hand, Volleyball just feels like her. They had a beautiful ceremony and she was touched. She feels at home on the Volleyball court. She has new kneepads and can dig for balls. Volleyball really served it up to her at their pref. She is leaning towards Volleyball as she talks about the two pref parties. This is a VERY difficult decision for her as she knows she may disappoint some people but she really wants to be where she can make new friendships with women like herself. She uses her heart to compare the two and eventually decides to put Volleyball #1 and Softball #2.

Once she decides, she is done. Decisive, she goes back in to rank. I talk to her later and she says she feels good about her decision and is putting it out of her mind now and trying to relax. She will be thrilled with a bid to either house. So, now the wait begins. Bid Day isn’t until tomorrow evening. It’s a looong day of waiting, but DD2 has a packed schedule so she’s busy until Bid day begins.