View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Theta View Post
I just need some feedback from other schools. Do you have spring recuitment? Does it work? Do you have JUST a Spring Recuitment? What is the schedule of events that occur during it? I will take any feedback!
At The University of Kentucky, there are two "formal" IFC rushes - one in the fall and one in the spring. Both rushes are similarly structured in that they start the Monday before classes start (that Wednesday), and bids may not be extended or accepted until Thursday. The same guidelines and rules apply for both regarding length of parties (events), where they can be held, who may attend etc. It works well at UK. As such, and as weather permits, I would just suggest y'all have the same (or as similar as possible) events for spring rush as you did for fall rush.

I also whole heartedly agree with everyone that says you should check with your Greek Life Advisor to confirm if you are allowed to rush upperclassmen and transfers in the fall. Deferred IFC/NIC rush at many, if not most, schools is for freshman only and you should be able to rush informally upperclassmen and transfers in the fall.