View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

[Since this very old Famous People You Have Met GC thread is stickied to the bottom of a much more recent GC thread, it's being continued instead of becoming a brand new thread.]

One greek-lettered woman I intentionally met was Susan Diane Akin, Miss America 1986. She was signing autographs, upon individual polaroids taken same-day of her with each visitor, at a local Sears.

My selfish reason for meeting her: I was curious as to her University of Mississippi Greek-letter affiliation, but in the days before the internet that type of information was sometimes impossible to discern.

Susan was amicably chatting briefly with each visitor as their pics were being taken, dried, and autographed. She was absolutely polished, professional and oh, so very pretty! Her answer to my polite inquiry of her Greek-letter affiliation was, of course, Pi Beta Phi.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.