View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon14 View Post
I just want to say that the only reason I came onto this website was for constructive advice on what I should do about my rushing situation. als465, I find your post incredibly assumptive and hurtful. In fact, the sorority I was left with was not one which I deemed "not good enough" in any way--I actually have many friends in that sorority--rather, I did not want to invest time and money (as every sorority requires) in a sorority that did not absolutely make my heart sing, and I do not regret my decision at all--if given the same situation again, I would have done the same thing.
Thank you for your input, but I believe I will be seeking advice on the subject from other sources. Best wishes.
Will you also get mad when they give you their opinion as well? You asked for it, and got it, so don't be mad. Not everyone is going to give you a lollipop when you are sad. Go through informal and if it doesn't work out, give formal another shot. You turned down the one sorority that was willing to give you a chance and that is not easily forgotten. They probably won't give you a chance again. You can't be picky when your chances are slim.