View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 10:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon14 View Post
I just want to say that the only reason I came onto this website was for constructive advice on what I should do about my rushing situation. als465, I find your post incredibly assumptive and hurtful. In fact, the sorority I was left with was not one which I deemed "not good enough" in any way--I actually have many friends in that sorority--rather, I did not want to invest time and money (as every sorority requires) in a sorority that did not absolutely make my heart sing, and I do not regret my decision at all--if given the same situation again, I would have done the same thing.
Thank you for your input, but I believe I will be seeking advice on the subject from other sources. Best wishes.
It didn't make your heart "sing" and that's why you didn't choose to take a bid? I still don't buy it. You have tons of friends in that sorority yet, it wasn't for you? Yeah, it still sounds like the "popularity" factor was what made you choose to not accept a bid. I still don't feel sorry for you.

Here is some constructive advice: Don't whine and cry on an internet forum when you didn't get a bid to a sorority that didn't make your heart "sing" when there are tons of qualified PNMs that are coming on here to share that they weren't even given a bid to anywhere. Those are the girls I feel sorry for! There are tons of women who would have jumped at the chance you had. You chose not to take it and now come on GC to whine that your heart didn't "sing" or something.

If you choose to go somewhere else to talk about how bummed out you are that (while other girls are heartbroken they didn't get a bid ANYWHERE) you only got a bid to ONE sorority that didn't make your heart "sing"--then, that's fine with me! Please, go do that!