Thread: Bad Gifts
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2003, 07:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Christmas 2000 I was unable to go home due to my job in retail, and also because I was having surgery over the winter break. Luckily I was a seeing a young man in the Army and he couldn't leave either, so his family came to visit. Christmas Day we exchange presents before dinner. His mother made me a beautiful ornament, his father had fixed the headlight on my car, and his brother gave me a stuffed animal. All these gifts are great and appreciated, as well as the thoughtful cards.

So I am sitting with my beloved on the couch, and yes we intended to marry. He hands me a card and a small wrapped rectangular package (think jewelry store bracelet size). Then the isht storm blew into that living room.
1) The card he gave me was the one that his Army PLATOON gave out! It had Santa wearing a parachute about to jump out of the plane with a sack full of RIFLES. He also spelled my NAME wrong on the card. It is Anne, not Ann. You know he grabbed that from the office last minute.
2) I unwrap the present, and no it was NOT a diamond tennis bracelet, a necklace, a watch, or even a damn keychain. It was a

PLASTIC FLIP UP BRISTLE HAIRBRUSH with a MIRROR ON THE BACK

I was his first girlfriend at age 23. He is now married to some girl that wore a tank top and didn't shave under her arms.