View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

DAY 3

So the next day, my roommates and I woke up and were all excitedly getting ready to begin our 3rd day. I was in my dress, hair done, and my shoes and we had about 10 minutes until we were supposed to meet at our tents. I went into my room to grab my phone and there it was…..

“MISSED CALL: Rho Gamma”

Seriously? Was this really happening? I had only heard about bad things about getting a call. My voicemail didn’t work so I had to call her back. My roommates stood there next to me as my rho gamma told me that I would only be meeting for the last two houses, and she would be waiting for me at the tent. My heart sank. 2? The maximum for that day was 6. I understood 5 or 4. But 2? 11...to 8...to 2. I watched my roommates go out the door and I just sat there, for 5 hours..and cried. I took off my makeup and changed into comfy clothes and literally went through every conversation I had. Did I say that wrong? Did that girl think I was weird? I was so frazzled. I just kept assuring myself, as long as I see Lime’s Up, Java Blue, Purple Punch, or Plum Petals I would be okay. But then that would have to mean that some of them had dropped me. That confused me even more because I knew I had the best conversations at the house. I was honestly devastated.

The time came, I redid my makeup, got dressed again, and trudged on over to my assigned tent. My rho gamma was on a break, so another rho gamma came over to hand me my schedule. Ha…..what did I see

Ellie Blue
Rosie Posies

What. What what what. I had a slight brisk of relief to see that at least Ellie Blue asked me back. I just didn’t understand how none of my top 4 had invited me back. The girls were just so nice, and we had had the best conversations. The rho gamma sat there with me and talked to me about it. My rho gamma came back, and assured me “I would end up where I’m meant to me” and walked me to my first house, Rosie Posies.

Rosie Posies: Nope, not feeling it. It was their video day and I wanted so badly to feel the sense of “Oh my gosh, I belong here. This is it!” But I didn’t, and that just upset me. So many girls around me were sitting there with stars in their eyes, and giggling with the actives about how much they loved their chapter. And I was just waiting to leave. I felt so bad because my rusher was so nice, and we were having a great conversation. I just didn’t feel itL

Ellie Blue: This was it. I had to feel something here. It was my last chance. The video immediately started when we all were seated. I was crying, the girls next to me were crying, the actives were crying, it was just a sob fest. It was seriously the cutest video I’ve ever seen. My rusher took me to the back of the room and we talked about her experiences with her sorority and 2 others. We also talked about bid day! I left the house and called my mom

“This is it, this is where I’m meant to be”

I went back to my tent. I had to rank both chapters of course so my rankings went

Ellie Blue
Rosies Posies

My rho gamma assured me that everything would be fine, I gave her my paper, and I walked back to my dorm.