View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
I'm not saying it couldn't happen but I'm wondering why one of the two groups hasn't expelled them if they now know about it. Also, as far back as the 70's, my group has had a rule that chapter at campus B has to get written approval from chapter at campus A to pledge a woman. So if I went to Oregon State and was a member of AAA and then moved to Texas Tech, my org at TTU would check with our chapter at OSU to see if I had ever been thru recruitment and what the outcome had been. Then my chapter at TTU would tell PH that I already belonged to AAA and they would stop me from participating in recruitment. It would have been hard to do what you say.
I'm somewhat confused...could you please clarify? I'm not sure if you're referring to affiliation (checking with the original chapter if a transfer student claims to be a member of your group who joined at another university, which seems reasonable and I think is common place), or if you're saying that ALL transfer PNMs are checked out with the chapter of your sorority at the transfer student's original university, to see if that chapter can verify if she joined any sorority at the original school. That seems like it would require a great deal of investigative effort/communication on the part of both chapters, especially if it's attempted before recruitment starts and you'd have to research the whole pool of transfer PNMs. What if there isn't a chapter of your sorority at the original school...does the new chapter still attempt an investigation? Like calling PH at the original school?

Last edited by Sciencewoman; 03-19-2017 at 08:38 PM.