View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

So one thing I want to elaborate to PNMs is that sometimes you might not do well in formal recruitment. It's not a reflection on you, but sometimes if you're naturally shy or aren't the greatest at small talk you may sink. But don't take this as a bad thing. Informal recruitment is an option.

Take me as an example (and this is a spark notes of my recruitment story) Before I transferred, I went through formal recruitment 3 times at my previous school and I was never given a bid without knowing the technicals of why I wasn't. I then reflected on how I was in the small crowds and realized little things that I could improve on in terms of conversation or how I might have gave an off answer during an ice breaker. Fast forward to my transfer and a sorority was doing informal recruitment. I did SO MUCH BETTER. The sisters were extremely welcoming and since it was more activity based there wasn't a set time limit or the pressures of formal recruitment. I got a bid and am now extremely happy in the sorority that I landed in.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story