View Single Post
Old 12-08-2002, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhiPsi517
Post Cutting Costs

I was a General Assembly this last summer, and preached that to much money was being spent at conventions. I had many brothers that wanted to go, but could not aford the 600 dollars to attend. I am all about getting a huge peice of land in the middle of a national forest and just pitchig tents, more unity in camping anyway. Most of the guys at nationals avoid the subject of cost. I was told that if this "imgae" of class was not kept up then there was little point to the assembly, at least in the alumni eyes. I was told by a ELC that a good 1800 was spent on each person, so we were getting "a good deal." Well I don't want a good deal, I want Nationals to hold back on money and find a efficient way to share ideas and continue the bond without asking all of us for another ment after the increase in dues have been passed. Work with the tools you have and then ask your brother for help becasue Ideas are free and help is only a question away.

If not, then we should start our own. I will be gone for two years in Europe, but when I come back we will get the whole nation to go camping. LOL