View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
I wanted to follow up on my young friend. She did go to bid day, gave it a try for a couple of weeks and depledged. I didn't hear from her until the following semester when she repledged!! The chapter had wisely told her that her bid would be waiting for her if she changed her mind, and they invited her over for dinner a few times and to some phil. events. She saw a true sisterhood being offered to her and realized that she had missed out on a whole semester of friendship, support and fun. She also came to realize what a mistake she had made returning that bid.

She has really shown as a member of her sorority. She served as a chapter officer, a recruitment counselor, a SGA member, and several campus committees. Several of these activities would not have been possible had she not re-thought her actions.I am so glad that she started listening to her heart and stopped listening to campus opinions.
Update on my friend. She graduated a few weeks ago with honors and had so many honor cords it was ridiculous, but her prized accessory at her graduation? Her sorority stole.