View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 09:07 PM

C's mom had packed the car with a Donut-themed gift basket (full of some of her old things and a few items she'd picked up over the past year in cautious anticipation of C pledging Donut this fall) and was en route to bid night when she got a text from C who had just picked up her envelope.

"Hey mom I love you so much so I--

did what you said and followed my heart and I'm going to be a COOKIE."

Mom admittedly did not see that coming but like any good mom, she wanted C to be HAPPY even if that meant NOT continuing the legacy of Donut. So she did what any good mom would do, texted back congratulations and made a quick detour to quickly piece together the best COOKIE-THEMED gift basket she could on short notice (thanks to some Cookie alumna friends and friends in her neighborhood with Cookie daughters.)

She arrived and waited to see her girl run home. Any wistfulness she experienced as C passed Donut on the way down, all melted away as she watched C's spirited welcome as she arrived at Cookie.

C smiled from ear to ear in her Cookie letters -- thrilled to finally be home. She told mom that as much as she loved Donut, this was where she was meant to be, and mom told her (through happy tears) that she understood and that she was just happy to see her happy.

C's mom did not get to pin her girl as a Donut but she got to experience something even better, knowing that she raised a kid who was independent enough to think for herself, ignore tent talk, and follow her heart...

which led her to Chi Omega.

(PS. Don't worry the Donut gift basket went back into the closet to potentially return for C's sister's recruitment in about 8 years!)

(PS. I was literally on the edge of my texts getting updates on this story when it happened and she is not even my kid. I really do not know how moms do it!)

Also I don't mind sharing the code privately.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 01-25-2019 at 09:50 PM.