View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I just wanted to pop in and say that these expressed my views on the subject pretty much exactly:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels&angles View Post
Eh, from the account given, she said several times that she loves saxywalrus, so I don't think it's an issue. I kind of like that she's not pressuring her. I think this is one of the things I dislike about rush (and obviously this rusher really has issues with rush) -- the pushy salesman approach so many girls take. I really hate pushy salespeople. I think this is one of those situations where the approach will work for some and not others -- it sounds like SW appreciated it, and it made her like Flash more than she expected to.
I also dislike pushy salespeople and yes, this did make me like Flash so much more than I had thought I would because it made me perceive Iris West and her sisters as honest and genuine people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
And even if the sister wasn’t her friend, what’s the harm in telling someone, “I’d love it if you joined my chapter, but you have to do what’s best for you.”? Isn’t that what it's all about?

Plus, by Pref round, I would assume that the chapter wanted me to be a sister… otherwise, I wouldn’t have made it that far. The pushy salesman approach would be a complete turnoff to me at this point, as I’m sure it would for a lot of other people.
Totally agreed! I definitely would've been thrown off by her remarks if it had been an earlier round but by pref I realized that they at least had to want me a little bit if they kept asking me back.

Okay. Back to writing the ending!

(And thanks to you all for sticking with this! So far it's almost 12 pages on Word...that's a lot to read! )