View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

In Oklahoma, I doubt there are many things differently. While I'm sure there are cases at the schools, I have only heard of one student death since COVID began. I've heard of some deaths among primary and secondary school faculty, but colleges are not in-person, so if faculty infections occur, it has nothing to do with exposure to students.

That said, bars are full. People are ignoring mask requirements. People believe it's a hoax. I read an account from a nurse in North Dakota who reports putting people on vents while those folks are still absolutely convinced this is a hoax.

My family and I go nowhere. No visitors come inside our home. Our 5 year old hasn't played with another child in weeks. I have to go to the courthouse almost every day, but I wear my mask and frequently sanitize my hands, which is the best I can do.

Hearings in our family law cases in Oklahoma County (an urban county) have interestingly been pared down to 10 minutes, masks on, socially distant, which might lessen viral load transmissions. At the same time, I did a trial in a rural county where I had to set at the same table as my client, opposing counsel and his client, and was ordered by the court to be unmasked when I spoke.

So.. this isn't getting better til we can get a vaccine, and until then, may the odds be ever in our favor.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma