View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I mean, you don't have to be upfront about it, but I can't imagine that they wouldn't a) ask you or b) figure it out as soon as you become a viable candidate. As soon as we had any interest in a pledge, we knew. We took sophomores all day as we went to a school with a lot of upperclassmen transfers, and occasionally juniors if we thought they were excellent. We did, however, aim to have a ton of freshmen for many reasons.

From reading your posts and seeing your user name, I suspect that the reason they may be dismissing you has less to do with you being a junior and more with your self-confidence. You appear to be incredibly down on yourself which is the opposite of what chapters want. Fraternities knock themselves over in a rush to pledge confident, outgoing types. We took so many guys who were unattractive and/or alternative, but they were all self-deprecating, funny, and confident despite of that. If you are admitting everything that is wrong with yourself, and do not hold yourself in esteem, that may be coming off.

Everybody is insecure about somethings in life, but if you find it is crippling your ability to make friends and join the things you want, have you ever thought about talking to somebody? Most campuses have excellent and free counselors who can get the ball rolling on addressing what the problem might be.