View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplePiePhi View Post
This is true - I did not mean any harm, this all started out by saying how being called "apple pies" wasn't classy - my argument was against that as it's a nickname that we welcome whole heartedly as it's not done in a derogetory way, as we're known on campus to be very classy with how each individual girl leads their lives. And just because I had mentioned before because it was brought up by someone who knew the history of another local at Carleton that had split off from AOII (and asked if we too came from the same circumstances, which I will not deny when asked, which included when we are asked about it from our pledges but not much detail at all is given) does not mean that in turn on this particular board did I denounce them and how "classy" they are - I didn't involve any particular organization, only that we happen to be one of the few (as I believe, although I am biased but being known for being "chill" girls instead of ones (as well as fraternity boys or GDIs) that make a terrible show at any social outing). I'll be the first one to say that there are a few organizations on our campus that are "classy" by default just because they go to none of these events at all - it's not the point of this post or thread however, and to connect things I've said throughout other posts and try to relate them to each other is just another way of trying to put words in my mouth, which is unappreciated.

As for what had happened in my prior organization, it's something that if I did divulge on these boreds I would probably have many people upset about "airing my dirty laundry", which I already know better not to do. Fact is that regardless of what I did to try to make things better within the chapter, it did not go that way, and our advisors and HQ was not planning on lifting a finger to help the situation. All that was done to try to still make it a sisterhood for myself along with the other 2 was the most we could do, we even tried to become alum, but the end of it being that girls can be very nasty, and I'm not willing to pay the amount of money I did to be tied to the majority of them and have to put up with things for another 2 years. I'm sure you would find the same story with the other girls that have left the organization previously. i would only hope with their new initiated classes that things are now different for them and that it evolves into a better ran chapter, because it's the hardest thing to denounce something you once loved, and I would hope our situation wouldn't happen to anyone else. I do have to say it's helped us with many aspects of APP, where we've learned what to do right, what not to do, and how to choose our girls. like AOII_Angel stated, I loved AOII, and I still respect the values their Ritual holds - one that I haven't divulged the secrets of, and which we kept far away from in the creation of our own Ritual. But the politics and cruelness of that particular chapter put myself and others over the edge. It's something no one can judge unless you knew all the details of what had happened - even some of that chapter didn't really know the actual reasons behind us leaving, as the advisors didn't bother on telling them the truth. But what's done is done.
QFP