View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieCat View Post
I am unsure how competitive my school's rush is but I know that the sororities have a seperate quota for the few non-freshman who rush. However, I am not a legacy to any sorority and it looks like I am not going to have any recs at all. (My parents and most of the adults I know did not go to colleges with greek life or were not a member of one. There is no alumnae association in or near my area. Also, my school's PH site says not to worry about them, only contact alumna you know.)
If your school has a separate quota for non-freshmen and even mentions recs....this tells me that you DO need them, in spite of what the website says.

Go here http://www.npcwomen.org/alumnae-panh...directory.aspx and find the alum panhel closest to you, even if it's not in your immediate area - they will be able to help you obtain recs.

If you go through rush, even if you don't get a bid, you will meet lots of new people and it will help you with your shyness. You most likely will not be the only non-freshman going through. Even if you don't get a bid...you will be no worse off than you are already.

Good luck!