View Single Post
Old 06-21-2001, 09:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to korkscru Send a message via Yahoo to korkscru
SableCherub, I understand and agree with what you're saying. But I want you to know that MY thing with Oprah has nothing do with her choices for topics. I stopped watching Oprah for a while because of what I THOUGHT to be her "all-of-a-sudden" arrogant attitude( you know when she first lost all of that weight, her "she's every woman" phase, her "Stedman, Stedman, Stedman" phase). That was just a turn off FOR ME.

Now RECENTLY (maybe about 3 months ago) I started watching her again and I see that she has now come back down to earth. Now, I try not to miss ANY of her shows because I find them enjoyable and helpful in MY life.

Don't get me wrong. I think that Oprah's approach is fantastic. She's made some obvious changes over the years (so have I or else I wouldn't be watching her now). It's obvious that she is good at what she does, especially now, because she is successful and RICH!!!

Oprah has had other R&B artists on her show before. I'm just glad that she had the opportunity to get JILL SCOTT on. And, as I said before, I feel that Jill Scott (and the other artists, that appear on Oprah) get the opportunity to get more POSITIVE and WELL-DESERVED EXPOSURE because Oprah's got it like that.