View Single Post
Old 03-27-2001, 01:46 AM

Hi there OTW!!!
What an interesting topic to have started...very brave. Well, I'm a psychology major and have studied everything from Abnormal Psychology to Animal Psychology to The Psychology of Religion and Spirituality. In fact, in the fall of '00 I took the The Psychology of Religion and Spirituality, The Psyc of Death and Loss, and Health Psychology. All three classes focused on paranormal activity, etc. My professor, Dr. Schwartz was on Dateline during that semester about a study he has been conducting here at the U of A to prove/disprove psychics and the like, such as John Edwards. Anyway, the information that was shared with the class makes for a convincing argument that spirits are among us. Do I believe this? I'm always skeptical.

Ironically, during the semester I experienced my first real death. By real I mean that it was someone I knew for many years and who was a significant person in my life. I had experienced something (in hindsight)that may have been connected with the death. It really threw me for a loop. As you can tell I'm still not comfortable sharing this story (I'm reluctant to tell exactly what happened). Nevertheless, I'm open to the idea that it (the experience of paranormal activity and the like)is real.