View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I wonder if there is any correlation between snowplow parents and crummy marriages.
Snowplow parents and addiction. Kids can't face life, don't know how to make their own decisions so bury it all under drugs and alcohol. I was once called out by a group of mothers at the elementary school. They tried to tell me my kids were afraid of me because I made them accept the consequences of their actions. They were appalled that I made the same demand for my special needs kids as I did for my GATE kid. Today, they both run their own lives, hold jobs, and go crazy when they have to deal with those who expect their parents to do everything for them.

My daughter was telling me that her company was interviewing for an economist. To be considered for the position one needed at least a Masters, preferably a Doctorate. One young man looked great on paper, did fantastically on the phone interview and was invited for a personal interview. Kid showed up to interview with Mom. Mom became upset when my daughter let her know that she could not sit in the interview with Son. After interview while still interviewing others, Mom called daily to be updated on the "status of Son's position." After the 3rd phone call, daughter went to Powers that Be to tell them no to hire Son because he'd come with Mom included. Mom lost Son a fantastic position. They were about to offer Son the job when Mom overstepped for the 3rd time.

DaffyKD