View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by PhoenixAzul

However, I feel that I wouldn't have rushed during fall quarter if I could have because I was still this naive little high schooler who thought sororities were like they are in movies and on TV. But being here for a quarter I got to see that not all the girls are like that.
I soooo agree with phoenixazul about this.

I know a lot of girls who have this view of sorority life, just meet one today. Then they go away to college, see the real version of greek life and then miss out. I think at what TSteven said about letting girls choice which situation they feel best in is a win win situation and i think that if you want to formal rush in the fall, fine. but allow women the chance the get a bid in the "spring" or whenever other term rush is held in to have more opportunities to get bids such as they would have in fall formal.

I guess i feel really strongly about this cause i know some many women who go away to school either thinking bad things about greek life or just not considering is and then get on campus and wish they had rush. Now i know many schools that will bid sophmores and up, but i think that the biggest opportunities are still for freshman. Anyway, spring (or whenever) informal should be similar to fall formal in that the most women can get bids to more than just the "small" houses.

whittleschmeg, what you are saying does sound complicated, but it sounds like your school found a system that works best for you, and i think that is the most important thing.