View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigKapSweetie View Post
Perfect example of needlessly inflammatory rhetoric. Don't use one of my sorority sisters as a pawn to further your own agenda. Just stop.
Your insistance that your point of view is not inflammatory and that mine is is the problem. I did not start the use of tour sister to advance an agenda, you did, and I responded.
A quick google search finds numerous sources starting on Dec 5, 2015, of Trump calling for a Ban on Muslims.
His own campaign website had the same call.
Yemen is 99.09 percent Muslim. Iran is 99.6 percent Muslim. Libya is 98 percent Muslim. Iraq is 94.6 percent Muslim. Rudy Giuliani was on TV bragging that Trump asked him to come up with a plan to ban Muslims.
You can deny it all tou want, but this is a Muslim ban in all but title. Your sister is just one of the many innocent victims of this policy.
We need to have a reasoned debate about our immigration policies. We need to discuss our changing security needs. But this needs to be done with reason, not with scare tactics.
My fraternity has become a much more diverse, accepting brotherhood since I was an undergraduate, and I believe that this is a credit to AD. My father was a victim of religious discrimination when he was young. It was wrong then and it is wrong now.