View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 06:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateee View Post
Reading this makes me think of a key mistake I may have unknowingly made!! My father got me a custom engraved heart locket that I wear every single day. It has my name on it, and "Love Dad" on the back, and a picture of my grandmother and great grandmother in it. I love it dearly. I wore it every single day of recruitment, and maybe that was a mistake, because looking at it, it's hard to read the inscription. Is a heart locket common enough that it wouldn't be mistaken for me wearing another sororities symbol? Or was that a mistake??

It all ended well either way.
I think a heart locket is generic enough...and could be a good conversation piece. Off the top of my head, Sigma Kappa is the only group with the heart as a symbol. Maybe if the Sigma Kappa chapter is super super strong and popular at your school people might have thought something...but I wouldn't have (and my school has Sigma Kappa).