View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Hey...at least girl is laying it all out there and not giving us the "I didn't feel the connection" line. Points for honesty, and I respect that.

She's not giving us that line because I think she DOES feel a connection of some kind and isn't willing to just turn her back on this opportunity. This may have been the only bid that she received, but I don't think she'd consider taking it and having her roommates think she's lame if she felt absolutely nothing for this chapter. If she was in fact like those other PNMs that "didn't feel a connection" and she was honest, she would be saying, "I got a bid from the fat sorority.. I refuse to accept it! Give me advice on how to get the top sorority next semester.. Please!!!"

I agree that she deserves some credit, because I do think she sounds mature enough to recognize that even though this is the "fat sorority," she shouldn't just dismiss them altogether... especially if she really wants to be Greek.

My advice would be to accept the bid and see where it goes. If you find that you're not feeling it after a few weeks, you can drop. However, whatever you decide to do, don't let your roommates' opinions affect your decision! The girls in this sorority (both on a local/collegiate and national/alumnae level) could potentially be your best friends.. don't give that up because a few people choose to put them down for no reason whatsoever.

@~/~~~~