View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 11:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Millions of miles from civilization... so I can't wait to leave.
Any excuse

I agree with most of yall, also...

But, I think Bill may have been set up. Don't get me wrong.

I am not saying somebody hypnotized Bill and made him touch that women against his will. He put himself in this position. However, it is possible that Cosby's views and statements may have motivated others to go after him. When I speak of others, I mean those who don't like it when we hear what we need to hear. This country has shown us time and time again that anybody who speaks out about what we (blacks) need to do to better ourselves (whether it hurts to hear it or not) will always be a target. Anything to hide the truth. Bill can solicit, grab, rub, and do everything else. That doesn't mean what he said wasn't the truth. Yes, it was wrong and I am sure he will pay for it like Kobe, Micheal, etc. The only problem is that some people will look for any excuse (GREEN LIGHT) they can find to continue to be apathetic.

Cosby's sexual (consensual or not) contact has nothing to do with why many black teenagers are dropping out of school, why many black parents are bringing children into this world but not raising (teaching) them, and why many black people continue to spend their money, time, and efforts toward things that neither benefit them (their family) nor us as a people. I know Cosby didn't say all that, I threw some of that end myself.

This occurence shouldn't discredit or lessen the validity of his statements. If it's true, it's true, molestation or not. I do agree that one should lead by example, but I think the three areas that I mentioned earlier are more influential to African Americans than Bill Cosby getting his freak on.

I was never going to nominate him for HUSBAND OF THE YEAR anyway.

But he's the undisputed champion of TELLING IT LIKE IT IS!

my $.02

Last edited by bobbyearl93; 02-02-2005 at 12:04 AM.