View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I am procrastinating and overposting in this thread, but deal with it.

Pinapple, I don't agree. There's a big difference between volunteering to make signs for the new members and not doing it versus not being great at doodling bubble letters and not being drawn to volunteer for that activity. I love coloring and making signs. I have plenty of sisters who hate it and would regularly come to me to draw posters for them.

I don't think your ability or interest in drawing or making banners is determinative of your value or interest in being in a sorority. I think it is one of those things that makes us diverse. Everyone has her own talents, but the uniting factor is that we are a group of volunteers who are trained throughout their membership to be successful working together to be successful at running events, supporting our philanthropies, our academics, and one another.

I'd hate to think someone would exclude me because I can't sing/dance and therefore would not be of value in a Homecoming skit. We all have our own talents.

I think the biggest trait a sorority woman must have is the ability to work well with others. You needn't be exceptional at it, but you should be reasonably good at following directions and meeting expectations for the requirements. Anything else, like lettering, dancing, etc., is just icing. But if you volunteer for something or there is a membership attendance requirement, then you should meet it in good faith. I'm sure I grumbled a ton over some of the activities we did at sisterhood retreats because I thought they were silly, but I still did them because (1) it was not hazing, and (2) it was expected that we all participate.

Last edited by adpiucf; 01-25-2013 at 01:33 PM.