View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iota Man View Post
I feel you, and it's fucked up to reject an aspirant because of color, but that's just life in general. But how do you know it's about your skin color? How do you know it's not just you? I went to Ohio State, and we had a few white bruhs, and some white dudes who wanted to pledge, we didn't fuck with. That didn't mean they were rejected because of their race, though. I think it largely depends on the school, too. HBCUs are going to be different and are more likely than not going to have a different perspective on their selection. So if you attend a HBCU, that could be the problem.
I know it was about race because that is literally what the guy said. "I'm white" "You didn't dress right". It was a debate event with a panel of various people and from various organizations and this guy was actually on the panel. He ended up pulling me aside after I was being introduced to some of the brothers in the undergrad. chapter and told me these things. As for the HBCU thing Texas Southern is right down the road literally,and their chapters actually give me the time of day and I have met some great people from there,but I don't believe I could pledge there.