View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi2KD View Post
Even before this horrible incident, I’ve been thinking quite a bit about the future of Alpha Phi. The projected image (and also reputation) of many collegiate chapters is not one I experienced or recognize. We were not the girls you couldn’t sit with, and neither were any of the other chapters I knew of.
It seems there was a paradigm shift sometime in the last 10-20 years to put Alpha Phi on the map. We are there.
I know we have many wonderful sisters even within these “mean girl” chapters, and I’m wondering what it will take to help them shine, to redirect the focus away from the superficial.
Interested in fellow sisters’ thoughts.
AOE
I wanted to say how much I admire you for sharing your concerns regarding your organization's future. Quite likely you are not the only Alpha Phi alumna or collegiate member who is having similar thoughts. I'm glad that you are willing and are now able to volunteer your time and to become involved with them. Is there are collegiate chapter or alumnae group close to you that you can volunteer with and discuss your concerns? Best wishes to you for your efforts and to all the members of Alpha Phi.

Last edited by TLLK; 02-11-2018 at 11:23 PM.