View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Night 3? Day 4? Eh, doesn’t matter.

Pref Night

Again, no phone call! I was so excited to get my list.

Europe and Africa!

I was very very excited. Going back to these two houses were the perfect thing for me to know what the right choice would be for me.

So I set off to Europe first, again. I sat with one of their senior members who I had spoken with in the week before. Since this was her last recruitment, I could tell this was something very special to her. We talked a long while about a dreams and what we wanted for our future and what we wanted for right now. She and I both teared up when we began talking about the effect Europe’s sisterhood had on her throughout her college years. I could clearly tell how much she loved Europe and how close and strong their sisterhood was. It was an amazing conversation, we were so calm with each other, which really helped set the mood for their ceremony.

Their ceremony was simple and sincere. I could practically feel the love these girls had for each other radiating off of them. The words of their seniors were beautiful and so meaningful. I felt very good here. I was in love with their sisterhood and left their house not knowing how I was going to make it through Africa’s round.

I had around an hour before I was set to go to Africa. I didn’t write much about my thoughts during my time at Europe because I wanted to preserve my mood and feeling for as long as possible.

Finally, it was time to go to Africa. My last and final round of formal recruitment before Bid Day. I was greeted at the door by someone I had never seen before. I was kind of surprised, since I had heard that they usually pair you with someone you talked to earlier in the week. However, none of that mattered once I started talking to her. To say we were a perfect match is an understatement. Of course, the conversation started out with silly questions, since we didn’t know each other very well. Our conversation was flawless. It flowed effortlessly into more serious topics like values I hold dear to my heart and my hometown best friend who I’ve been friends with since first grade. However, the thing that most stuck out to me in our conversation was when she talked about her recruitment experience. It almost resembled mine, she told me that she, like myself, doesn’t consider herself someone who would typically go through recruitment. She told me about her experiences at Africa in her recruitment year, and started tearing up. I also told her about how I’ve felt at home every round at Africa and began tearing up as well. I couldn’t believe how quickly this girl and I connected and how amazing my heart felt in this house.

We then went into the ceremony portion of the round, which was breathtaking. I was completely blown away with the sincerity of their words and the meaning behind their objects they had us hold. I was captivated the entire time and I have to admit I was crying along with the actives. This was a place where I felt so comfortable with myself and my purpose of going through recruitment in the first place, something that I hadn’t felt at all, even since before I signed up for recruitment. I was so amazed that I was feeling so many things in this small room, it was surreal. I didn’t want to leave this house at all. However, it couldn’t last forever, and I left Africa after hugging and getting a good luck from the active member who I spoke to that night.

I was sold on Africa after that party. I thought to myself while putting in my preferences in the computer that I would be happy with a bid from Europe, but I knew in my heart I wanted to be an Africa so so much.

So, with that, I pressed the submit button that put Africa as my number one.