View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post

The VP of NM Education or whichever officer works with the new members through their education period. She is used to women coming to her in those first few weeks super overwhelmed and will be able to talk her through it.

With that being said, you can't just walk up to your NM Educator and tell her "I can't come to this. I have school."

Some advice:

1. Part of their education period is being in community with other NMs who are going through the same thing, too. They can form study groups, have study dates, link up with women who are taking same classes, etc. I'd suggest that.

2. Your planner is your friend. Use it. If you know that project is due 3 weeks from now, look at your planner and see best times to work on it now. Ex: If project is due during Big Little Week, work on it now.

3. Know when to say no. Ex: If a bunch of girls are going to Starbucks, or going out, or going to the house to hang, you need not go every time if you know you have school stuff to do.
All of this. She's only what, two weeks into her new member period? She should definitely ask for help. All women in the chapter have school to keep up with, and all of them have had to learn how to manage their time. She's now part of a sisterhood that can assist her through school. She should take advantage of it every chance she gets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMom2 View Post
Thank you. I really don't want her to have to give it up when she is starting to really enjoy it. Her biggest time issue with school is a 5 hour calculus class. She has that class every day and homework every day. I think this particular week is just excessively busy with the sorority and not the norm. I'm glad grades are her priority, but I'd love for her to get to continue with the sorority!
She has a calculus class that meets every day for 5 hours?

@~/~~~~