View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Of the places I've been...

Indiana (for UIFI in 2004) - houses are every where, most very big and impressive. I didn't like the distance away from campus, but it's interesting how many chapters have gone through and built new houses to join the others on the outskirts. At the time the Beta chapter at IU was reorganizing, and there was talk about moving out of the old house which had a phenomenal location to build a new house, which a check of their website looks like they did.

Oklahoma - AMAZING houses. The Beta house there was awesome, great rooms (huge compared to those my chapter has). This is probably my #1 favorite "row"

Iowa State - okay greek row, nothing spectacular.

Kansas State - kind of spread out, some really impressive houses and some not so impressive ones.

Kansas - probably on par with those at Oklahoma. Lawrence's hills make for some very impressive locations and such - the Theta house is one that sticks out to me. Beta's house there is also pretty awesome, and the Kappa Sig (maybe it's PhiPsi - I don't remember exactly) house is just ginormous.

Nebraska - I think my alma mater does pretty well in comparison, we do have a pretty significant "row" (it's actually two streets making more of a 'T' on the Southwestern corner of campus). Certainly our locations on campus are great, but there's very little land, so the lots are small, everyone is right on top of each other and there's no room to expand. But again, UNL's city campus is pretty compact, so the locations are great and it's an easy walk to class, because you're RIGHT there.

- Abraham Lincoln